The Prenatal Person: Ethics from Conception to Birth
Copyright © 2002 Norman M. Ford
Author(s): Norman M. Ford
Published Online: 17 MAR 2008
Print ISBN: 9780631234913
Online ISBN: 9780470693735
About this Book
This text addresses the host of ethical questions that has arisen recently in response to the development of new reproductive technologies.
- Addresses the ethical questions which have arisen in response to new reproductive technologies.
- Helps students of theology, philosophy and health studies, as well as lay readers tackle these issues.
- Provides readers with relevant medical and scientific facts.
- Explains how different metaphysical frameworks affect the ways in which people solve these ethical problems.
- Topics covered include human embryo and embryonic cell stem research, infertility and its treatments, and prenatal screening and diagnosis.
- The author takes a balanced approach, acknowledging his loyalty to Catholicism, yet exploring freely the new options provided by advancing biological science.