Management and Ecology of River Fisheries
Copyright © 2000 Fishing News Books
Editor(s): I. G. Cowx
Published Online: 16 APR 2008
Print ISBN: 9780852382509
Online ISBN: 9780470696026
About this Book
About The Product
In this edited work, international experts in fisheries management and ecology review and appraise the status of river fisheries, assessment methodology, constraints on development, issues and options regarding management and associated problems in both temperate and tropical countries. Recommendations are made to improve management and an attempt is made to provide guidelines for formulating policy, for planning methodology and for evaluating future activities.
- Assessment of fish community structure and dynamics.
- Factors constraining stock recruitment.
- Fish habitat requirements.
- Instream flow needs.
- Impact of water resource schemes.
- Rehabilitation of river fisheries.
- Enhancement of fish stocks.
- Exploitation of stocks.
- Management of migratory fish stocks.
- Conservation of endangered species.
- Integrated river management.
- Bioeconomic issues.
- Multinational management of rivers.
- Case studies.