A Concise Companion to English Renaissance Literature
Copyright © 2006 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Editor(s): Donna B. Hamilton
Published Online: 15 APR 2008
Print ISBN: 9781405113571
Online ISBN: 9780470696149
About this Book
This Concise Companion launches students into the study of English Renaissance literature through the central contexts that informed it.
- Places the poetry within contexts such as: economics; religion; empire and exploration; education, humanism and rhetoric; censorship and patronage; royal marriage and succession; treason and rebellion; "others" in England; private lives; cosmology and the body; and life-writing.
- Incorporates recent developments in the field, as well as work soon to be published.
- Entices students to explore the subject further.
- Provides new syntheses that will be of interest to scholars.
- All the contributors are highly regarded scholars and teachers.