Manual of Surgical Treatment of Atrial Fibrillation
Copyright © 2008 Blackwell Publishing
Editor(s): Hauw T. Sie, Giuseppe D'Ancona, Fabio Bartolozzi, Willem P. Beukema, Donald B. Doty
Published Online: 15 APR 2008
Print ISBN: 9781405140324
Online ISBN: 9780470696354
About this Book
In recent years, a myriad of surgical protocols have been developed to manage atrial fibrillation, increasing the confusion over which are the most effective approaches. This timely book presents a multidisciplinary, international team of authorities who have reviewed the evidence in order to establish which surgical approaches should be used under which circumstances.
Divided into five parts, the book not only explores surgical treatment of atrial fibrillation, it also offers a complete understanding of its underlying causes:
- Anatomy, Pathophysiology, and Electrophysiologic Basis of Atrial Fibrillation
- Surgical Approach to Atrial Fibrillation: The Cox-Maze Procedure
- Modifications of the Cox-Maze, Use of Alternative Surgical Patterns, and Energy Sources
- The Invasive Cardiologist Approach
- Perioperative Complications, Reporting Results, and Statistical Analysis
With its clear presentation and analysis of the current findings in surgical treatment of atrial fibrillation, this book points the way towards a scientific approach for the surgical cure of atrial fibrillation and is essential reading for all cardiac surgeons.