Copyright © 2008 Robert Wicks
Author(s): Robert Wicks
Published Online: 16 APR 2008
Print ISBN: 9781405134798
Online ISBN: 9780470696668
About this Book
About The Product
This innovative volume presents an insightful philosophical portrait of the life and work of Arthur Schopenhauer.
- Focuses on the concept of the sublime as it clarifies Schopenhauer's aesthetic theory, moral theory and asceticism
- Explores the substantial relationships between Schopenhauer's philosophy and Buddhism, Hinduism, and Christianity
- Defends Schopenhauer's position that absolute truth can be known and described as a blindly striving, all-permeating, universal "Will"
- Examines the influence of Asian philosophy on Schopenhauer
- Describes the relationships between Schopenhauer's thought and that of Hegel, Nietzsche, and Wittgenstein.