Enabling Learning in Nursing and Midwifery Practice: A Guide for Mentors
Copyright © 2007 John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Editor(s): Sue West, Tim Clark, Melanie Jasper
Published Online: 16 APR 2008
Print ISBN: 9780470057971
Online ISBN: 9780470697887
About this Book
About The Product
With current Government targets to increase health and social care practitioners, there is an increased need for informed mentors and preceptors to support the development of the students and new health professionals.
Enabling learning in nursing and midwifery practice: A guide for mentorsseeks to underpin recent mentoring initiatives, exploring the impact of mentoring, supervision and preceptorship on professional practice, covering principles that underpin effective learning and providing practical guidance on mentoring and assessment strategies within practice settings.
Enabling learning in nursing and midwifery practice: A guide for mentorsaddresses the inter-professional and policy context for mentorship, examines the nature of effective learning environments and provides mentors with the necessary tools to assist students in their development within a practice setting. It explores the use of reflective practice, virtual learning and other core resources to enhance and support learning in practice and addresses assessing practice, making correct judgements about student competence and the development of competence in newly qualified practitioners.
Enabling learning in nursing and midwifery practice: A guide for mentorsis an important resource text for practitioners seeking to support learning in practice as well as experienced mentors and preceptors seeking to update their skills and understanding.
* Evidence-based, practical guide to effective mentoring and preceptorship
* Integrates theory and practice
* Addresses the context of learning in practice and the challenges of clinical supervision
* Promotes understanding of the importance of assessing practice and managing the mentoring process
* Equips mentors to enable students and newly qualified staff to gain confidence and expertise
* Includes activities, points for reflection and examples from practice