The Analysis of Tidal Stream Power
Copyright © 2009 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
Author(s): Jack Hardisty
Published Online: 18 MAR 2009
Print ISBN: 9780470724514
Online ISBN: 9780470743119
About this Book
This text integrates a wide range of research and tidal resource theory and data to present a detailed analysis of the physics and oceanography of tidal stream power devices together with a world wide resource analysis. Clearly structured throughout the book is divided into two distinct parts.
Part One provides the theoretical background to the subject and deals with the historical development of the harmonic method for the synthesis of tidal currents; the principles of fluid and tidal flow and the principles of device ducts, turbines and electrical systems. A review and analysis of more than forty tidal stream power proposals is also discussed.
Part Two provides a comprehensive overview of current practice. The economic modelling of tidal stream power installations is covered with more than three hundred current meter records from around the world used to analyse the potential and cost of tidal stream power on a global basis.
- reviews the tidal resources around the world
- complete analysis of tidal stream power systems
- includes historical information on tidal science and biographical information on major figures
- concentrates on engineering physical geography rather than engineering specifics
- includes a website with a wide range of computer models, data and simulations