High Efficiency RF and Microwave Solid State Power Amplifiers
Copyright © 2009 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
Author(s): Paolo Colantonio, Professor Franco Giannini, Ernesto Limiti
Published Online: 3 SEP 2009
Print ISBN: 9780470513002
Online ISBN: 9780470746547
About this Book
Do you want to know how to design high efficiency RF and microwave solid state power amplifiers?
Read this book to learn the main concepts that are fundamental for optimum amplifier design. Practical design techniques are set out, stating the pros and cons for each method presented in this text. In addition to novel theoretical discussion and workable guidelines, you will find helpful running examples and case studies that demonstrate the key issues involved in power amplifier (PA) design flow.
- Clarification of topics which are often misunderstood and misused, such as bias classes and PA nomenclatures.
- The consideration of both hybrid and monolithic microwave integrated circuits (MMICs).
- Discussions of switch-mode and current-mode PA design approaches and an explanation of the differences.
- Coverage of the linearity issue in PA design at circuit level, with advice on low distortion power stages.
- Analysis of the hot topic of Doherty amplifier design, plus a description of advanced techniques based on multi-way and multi-stage architecture solutions.
High Efficiency RF and Microwave Solid State Power Amplifiers is:
- an ideal tutorial for MSc and postgraduate students taking courses in microwave electronics and solid state circuit/device design;
- a useful reference text for practising electronic engineers and researchers in the field of PA design and microwave and RF engineering.
With its unique unified vision of solid state amplifiers, you won't find a more comprehensive publication on the topic.