Geographies of British Modernity: Space and Society in the Twentieth Century
Copyright © 2003 by Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Editor(s): David Gilbert, David Matless, Brian Short
Published Online: 14 JAN 2008
Print ISBN: 9780631235002
Online ISBN: 9780470752258
About this Book
About The Product
This volume brings together leading scholars in the geography and history of twentieth-century Britain to illustrate the contribution that geographical thinking can make to understanding modern Britain.
- The first collection to explore the contribution that geographical thinking can make to our understanding of modern Britain.
- Contains thirteen essays by leading scholars in the geography and history of twentieth-century Britain.
- Focuses on how and why geographies of Britain have formed and changed over the past century.
- Combines economic, political, social and cultural geographies.
- Demonstrates the vitality of work in this field and its relevance to everyday life.