Macroeconomics for Managers
Copyright © 2004 by Michael K. Evans
Editor(s): Michael K. Evans
Published Online: 14 JAN 2008
Print ISBN: 9781405101448
Online ISBN: 9780470752784
About this Book
About The Product
This text offers business school students an excellent practical explanation of the short-term linkages in the macroeconomic arena. While the underlying theoretical constructs are not ignored, emphasis is placed on the empirical underpinnings and managerial implications of macroeconomics. The text begins by introducing key concepts such as the GDP, National and Personal Income, and the various measures of inflation and unemployment. Building on this foundation it then analyzes the following aspects of macroeconomics: aggregate supply and demand, international financial markets, cyclical fluctuations, policy analysis, and forecasting.
- Engages the reader with detailed case studies and "Manager's Briefcase" discussions.
- Focuses on the short-term linkages in macroeconomics.
- Uses an empirically oriented approach, while also explaining underlying theoretical constructs.
- Includes chapter summaries, key concepts, and practice questions.
- Lecturer resources available at http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/mfm/