State/Space: A Reader
Copyright © 2003 by Neil Brenner, Bob Jessop, Martin Jones, and Gordon MacLeod
Editor(s): Neil Brenner, Bob Jessop, Martin Jones, Gordon MacLeod
Published Online: 14 JAN 2008
Print ISBN: 9780631230335
Online ISBN: 9780470755686
About this Book
This groundbreaking, interdisciplinary volume brings together diverse analyses of state space in historical and contemporary capitalism.
- The first volume to present an accessible yet challenging overview of the changing geographies of state power under capitalism.
- A unique, interdisciplinary collection of contributions by major theorists and analysts of state spatial restructuring in the current era.
- Investigates some of the new political spaces that are emerging under contemporary conditions of 'globalization'.
- Explores state restructuring on multiple spatial scales, and from a range of theoretical, methodological and empirical perspectives.
- Covers a range of topical issues in contemporary geographical political economy.
- Contains case study material on Western Europe, North America and East Asia, as well as parts of Africa and South America.