Middle English Literature: A Guide to Criticism
Copyright © 2004 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Editor(s): Roger Dalrymple
Published Online: 14 JAN 2008
Print ISBN: 9780631232896
Online ISBN: 9780470756126
About this Book
Middle English is a student guide to the most influential critical writing on Middle English literature.
- A student guide to the most influential critical writing on Middle English literature.
- Brings together extracts from some of the major authorities in the field.
- Introduces readers to different critical approaches to key Middle English texts.
- Treats a wide range of Middle English texts, including The Owl and the Nightingale, The Canterbury Tales and Morte d'Arthur.
- Organized around key critical concerns, such as authorship, genre, and textual form.
- Each critical concern can be used as the basis for one week's work in a semester-long course.
- Enables readers to forge new connections between different approaches.