A Concise Companion to Shakespeare on Screen
Copyright © 2006 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Editor(s): Diana E. Henderson
Published Online: 28 JAN 2008
Print ISBN: 9781405115100
Online ISBN: 9780470757659
About this Book
About The Product
This Concise Companion presents a multidisciplinary range of approaches to a vast multimedia subject, Shakespeare on screen.
- Draws on the latest thinking in cultural studies, communications, and comparative media, in dialogue with literary, theatrical and filmic approaches.
- Organised around themes, such as authorship and collaboration, theatricality, sex and violence, globalization and history.
- Offers readers a variety of accessible routes into the subject of Shakespeare on screen.
- Also enables readers to explore fundamental topics in the study of literature and culture more broadly, such as the relationships between elite and popular culture, art and the marketplace, text and image.
- Includes suggestions for further reading, a bibliography, a filmography, a chronology and a thorough index.