A Concise Companion to Twentieth-Century American Poetry
Copyright © 2005 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Editor(s): Stephen Fredman
Published Online: 21 JAN 2008
Print ISBN: 9781405120029
Online ISBN: 9780470757680
About this Book
This Concise Companion gives readers a rich sense of how the poetry produced in the United States during the twentieth century is connected to the country's intellectual life more broadly.
- Helps readers to fully appreciate the poetry of the period by tracing its historical and cultural contexts.
- Written by prominent specialists in the field.
- Places the poetry of the period within contexts such as: war; feminism and the female poet; poetries of immigration and migration; communism and anti-communism; philosophy and theory.
- Each chapter ranges across the entire century, comparing poets from one part of the century to those of another.
- New syntheses make the volume of interest to scholars as well as students and general readers.