Blackwell Handbook of Language Development
Copyright © 2007 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Editor(s): Erika Hoff, Marilyn Shatz
Published Online: 28 JAN 2008
Print ISBN: 9781405132534
Online ISBN: 9780470757833
About this Book
The Blackwell Handbook of Language Development provides a comprehensive treatment of the major topics and current concerns in the field; exploring the progress of 21st century research, its precursors, and promising research topics for the future.
- Provides comprehensive treatments of the major topics and current concerns in the field of language development
- Explores foundational and theoretical approaches
- Focuses on the 21st century's research into the areas of brain development, computational skills, bilingualism, education, and cross-cultural comparison
- Looks at language development in infancy through early childhood, as well as atypical development
- Considers the past work, present research, and promising topics for the future.
- Broad coverage makes this an excellent resource for graduate students in a variety of disciplines