Sound Patterns of Spoken English
Copyright © 2003 Linda Shockey
Author(s): Linda Shockey
Published Online: 28 JAN 2008
Print ISBN: 9780631230793
Online ISBN: 9780470758397
About this Book
Sound Patterns of Spoken English is a concise, to-the-point compendium of information about the casual pronunciation of everyday English as compared to formal citation forms.
- Concise, to-the-point compendium of information about casual pronunciation of English as compared to citation forms.
- Covers varieties of English language including General American and Standard Southern British.
- Overlaps the boundaries of several areas of study including sociolinguistics, lexicography, rhetoric, and speech sciences.
- Examines English pronunciation as found in everyday speech.
- Accompanied by website at http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/shockey featuring examples from different accents.