Regional Nerve Blocks and Infiltration Therapy: Textbook and Color Atlas, 3rd Edition, Fully Revised and Expanded
Copyright © 2004 ABW Wissenschaftsverlag GmbH, Berlin
Editor(s): Danilo Jankovic, William Harrop-Griffiths
Published Online: 30 JAN 2008
Print ISBN: 9781405122634
Online ISBN: 9780470760291
About this Book
About The Product
New to the third edition:
- new - regional anaesthesia in ophthalmic surgery
- new - intravenous regional anaesthesia
- new - percutaneous epidural neuroplasty
- a new block for the trigeminal nerve
- extended coverage of the brachial plexus block and infraclavicular block
- new - therapy for tennis elbow and for carpal tunnel syndrome
- new - intra-ganglion injection therapy for muscular piriform syndrome
- new - latest developments in neuroaxial blockade
- 40% bigger than the last edition
Regional nerve blocks are important procedures in anaesthesia and pain therapy that can be employed rapidly and safely by a skilled practitioner.
The book contains precise anatomical drawings and illustrations in full-colour throughout, and also provides detailed instructions on how to apply local anaesthesia.
Practically oriented, the book could almost be taken to the operating room and used as a guide. It covers anatomy, indications, contraindications, dosages, explanations of individual drugs, as well as complications, caveats, and potential adverse side effects, and how to avoid them or treat them.
Each procedure is explained step-by-step using numerous full-colour illustrations and photographs. Every block has a photograph showing the entry site accompanied by an anatomical diagram showing the needle track. For each procedure, a specific form (record and checklist) is provided for recording the individual treatment steps. The author presents both familiar and new therapeutic techniques for both the treatment of pain and regional nerve blocks during surgery. In addition, the most recent local anaesthetics and additives are discussed, with particular reference to the relevant indications and dosages.
Visit http://www.abw-verlag.com/titel_details.php?42 for information about this book in German.