After the Three Italies: Wealth, Inequality and Industrial Change
Copyright © 2006 Michael Dunford and Lidia Greco
Author(s): Michael Dunford, Lidia Greco
Published Online: 13 MAY 2008
Print ISBN: 9781405125208
Online ISBN: 9780470761113
About this Book
About The Product
After the Three Italies develops a new political economy approach to the analysis of comparative regional development and the territorial division of labour and exemplifies it through an up-to-date account of Italian industrial change and regional economic performance.
- Responds to recent theoretical debates in economic geography, involving economists, geographers and planners.
- Builds the foundations for a new theoretical approach to regional economic development and the territorial division of labour.
- Draws on the results of a recent ESRC funded research project, as well as on a large range of official data sets.
- Provides an up-to-date picture of Italy's economic performance and of its recent development relative to other European countries and the rest of the world.
- Analyses Italy's internal differentiation and its persistent regional inequalities.
- Examines the regional impact of the recent evolution of the car, chemicals, steel and clothing industries.
- Leads to a new and more complex picture of Italian development.