The Ethics of Nature
Copyright © 2004 Celia Deane-Drummond
Author(s): Celia E. Deane-Drummond
Published Online: 11 FEB 2008
Print ISBN: 9780631229377
Online ISBN: 9780470773451
About this Book
About The Product
This accessible and timely book uses a Christian perspective to explore ethical debates about nature.
- A detailed exploration of humanity's treatment of the natural world from a Christian perspective.
- Covers a range of ethical debates, including current controversies about the environment, animal rights, biotechnology, consciousness, and cloning.
- Sets the immediate issues in the context of underlying theological and philosophical assumptions.
- Complex scientific issues are explained in clear student-friendly language.
- The author develops her own distinctive ethical approach centred on the practice of wisdom.
- Discusses key figures in the field, including Peter Singer, Aldo Leopold, Tom Regan, Andrew Linzey, James Lovelock, Anne Primavesi, Rosemary Radford Ruether, and Michael Northcott.
- The author has held academic posts in both theology and plant science.