Revelation: The Apocalypse of Jesus Christ
Copyright © 2004 Judith Kovacs and Christopher Rowland
Author(s): Judith Kovacs, Christopher Rowland
Published Online: 4 FEB 2008
Print ISBN: 9780631232148
Online ISBN: 9780470773512
About this Book
This ground-breaking commentary on The Revelation to John (the Apocalypse) reveals its far-reaching influence on society and culture, and its impact on the church through the ages.
- Explores the far-reaching influence of the Apocalypse on society and culture.
- Shows the book's impact on the Christian church through the ages.
- Looks at interpretations of the Apocalypse by theologians, ranging from Augustine to late twentieth century liberation theologians.
- Considers the book's effects on writers, artists, musicians, political figures, visionaries, and others, including Dante, Hildegard of Bingen, Milton, Newton, the English Civil war radicals, Turner, Blake, Handel, and Franz Schmidt.
- Provides access to material not readily available elsewhere.
- Will appeal to students and scholars across a wide range of disciplines, as well as to general readers.
More information about this series is available from the Blackwell Bible Commentaries website at http://www.bbibcomm.net/