Bridging the Digital Divide: Technology, Community, and Public Policy
Copyright © 2002 Lisa J. Servon
Author(s): Lisa J. Servon
Published Online: 11 FEB 2008
Print ISBN: 9780631232414
Online ISBN: 9780470773529
About this Book
Bridging the Digital Divide investigates problems of unequal access to information technology. The author redefines this problem, examines its severity, and lays out what the future implications might be if the digital divide continues to exist.
- Examines unequal access to information technology in the United States.
- Analyses the success or failure of policies designed to address the digital divide.
- Draws on extensive fieldwork in several US cities.
- Makes recommendations for future public policy.
- Series editor: Manuel Castells.