Assessing Adults with Intellectual Disabilities: A Service Providers' Guide
Copyright © 2005 The British Psychological Society and Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Editor(s): James Hogg, Arturo Langa
Published Online: 4 FEB 2008
Print ISBN: 9781405102209
Online ISBN: 9780470773697
About this Book
This handbook helps professionals working with adults with intellectual disabilities to establish the needs of individuals through systematic assessment and to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the service they provide.
- A comprehensive handbook for professionals working with adults with intellectual disabilities.
- Enables these professionals to establish the needs of individuals
- Helps them to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the service they provide.
- Expert contributions include conceptual chapters and descriptions of selected assessment instruments.
- Covers the full spectrum of need, including adults with mental health difficulties, behavioural problems, forensic needs and assessment of people with profound intellectual and multiple disabilities, and those suspected of developing dementia.