Theological Ethics and Global Dynamics: In the Time of Many Worlds
Copyright © 2004 William Schweiker
Author(s): William Schweiker
Published Online: 4 FEB 2008
Print ISBN: 9781405113441
Online ISBN: 9780470773826
About this Book
About The Product
The nature of ethics has been the subject of much controversy and argument in recent decades. Theological Ethics and Global Dynamics tackles these various debates, offering a wide-ranging, comprehensive, and provocative statement of the nature of theological ethics in global times.
- Offers an accessible, lively, and provocative statement of the nature of moral philosophy and theological ethics in contemporary times.
- Tackles various perspectives on debates about distinctly Christian ethics.
- Argues that we need to reframe the arena in which moral questions are asked.
- Engages a range of positions, exploring distinctively modern issues such as moral and cultural relativism, globalization, problems of consumption and violence, and religious pluralism.
- Addresses the complexity of certain ethical decisions, which are difficult and far from clear-cut, and yet presents an ethical understanding which is both humane and deeply religious.