Developmental Problems of Childhood and Adolescence: Prevention, Treatment and Training
Copyright © 2005 Martin Herbert
Author(s): Martin Herbert
Published Online: 4 FEB 2008
Print ISBN: 9781405115926
Online ISBN: 9780470773888
About this Book
About The Product
This book provides a practical guide to, and critical review of, community and individual professional interventions that could ease the lives of children with developmental disorders and mental health problems.
- A critical review of, and practical guide to, the interventions that could ease the lives of children with developmental disorders and mental health problems.
- Structured around the stages and developmental tasks in a child's life span, from conception to teenage years.
- Discusses inherited disorders, intrauterine problems, neonatal and perinatal problems, early childhood attachment and physical disorders, disabilities at school, and problems associated with socialisation.
- Also covers problems that affect children at all ages, such as learning disabilities, abuse and various psychological and psychiatric disorders.
- Consistently considers the role of parents, the family, and the community in interventions.
- Written by a leading expert in clinical child and adolescent psychology and social work.
- Bridges the gap between psychosocial interventions and medically-based treatments.
- Can be used alongside Herbert's Typical and Atypical Development: From Conception to Adolescence (BPS Blackwell, 2003).