Psychology in Probation Services
Copyright © 2005 The British Psychological Society and Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Editor(s): David Crighton, Graham Towl
Published Online: 11 FEB 2008
Print ISBN: 9781405124690
Online ISBN: 9780470773956
About this Book
This book serves as a route map for psychologists and probation officers working in probation services.
- Outlines the strategic framework for psychological services across prisons and probation.
- Gives an up-to-date picture of some key emerging areas of applied psychological practice in probation settings.
- Covers the development of applied psychological services, court work, mental health, working with sex offenders, risk assessment, group work, cognitive skills, multi-agency public protection panels, and lifer assessments.
- The editors are Deputy Head and Head of Psychology for Prisons and Probation Services, and therefore well placed to compile this book.
- Complements Graham Towl's book Psychology in Prisons (BPS Blackwell, 2003).