Classics and the Uses of Reception
Copyright © 2006 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Editor(s): Charles Martindale, Richard F. Thomas
Published Online: 11 FEB 2008
Print ISBN: 9781405131469
Online ISBN: 9780470774007
About this Book
This landmark collection presents a wide variety of viewpoints on the value and role of reception theory within the modern discipline of classics.
- A pioneering collection, looking at the role reception theory plays, or could play, within the modern discipline of classics.
- Emphasizes theoretical aspects of reception.
- Written by a wide range of contributors from young scholars to established figures, from Europe, the UK and the USA.
- Draws on material from many different fields, from translation studies to the visual arts, and from politics to performance.
- Sets the agenda for classics in the future.