The Trial of the Witnesses: The Rise and Decline of Postliberal Theology
Copyright © 2006 Paul J. DeHart
Author(s): Paul J. DeHart
Published Online: 11 FEB 2008
Print ISBN: 9781405132954
Online ISBN: 9780470774021
About this Book
The much-discussed notion of Postliberal theology developed from the writings of two theologians at Yale University, Hans Frei and George Lindbeck.
- An analysis and critique of the much-discussed idea of postliberal theology
- Provides an overview of postliberalism and the controversies which resulted
- Compares the writings of theologians Hans Frei and George Lindbeck, from which postliberal theology developed, and uncovers important differences in their thought
- Reconceptualizes these thinkers' contributions to contemporary theological discussion
- Published in the prestigious Challenges in Contemporary Theology series.