Educational Testing: A Competence-Based Approach
Copyright © 2007 James Boyle and Stephen Fisher
Author(s): James Boyle, Stephen Fisher
Published Online: 11 FEB 2008
Print ISBN: 9781405146593
Online ISBN: 9780470774090
About this Book
Educational Testing provides support for those undertaking training in, and for training providers of, the Certificate of Competence in Educational Testing (CCET) (Level A). Developed by the British Psychological Society (BPS) the CCET aims to meet a need for standards for the use of tests in education in the UK, to encourage responsible test use by psychologists and non-psychologists alike.
Written by the designers of the certificate and endorsed by the BPS's Steering Committee on Test Standards, Educational Testing is the only book of its kind available:
- Covers the 71 elements of the CCET in detail and acts as a 'course text' for those in training
- Describes each core competence
- Provides model answers and examples
- Offers an indication of the range of ways in which the core competences may be assessed by the Assessor, based upon the existing BPS Guidance for Assessors document
- Appendices offer guidance on BPS Standards, a glossary of technical terms, useful web-sites and on-line resources and Test Publishers Addresses.