The Ethics of Information Technology and Business
Copyright © 2003 Richard T. De George
Author(s): Richard T. De George
Published Online: 25 FEB 2008
Print ISBN: 9780631214243
Online ISBN: 9780470774144
About this Book
This is the first study of business ethics to take into consideration the plethora of issues raised by the Information Age.
- The first study of business ethics to take into consideration the plethora of issues raised by the Information Age.
- Explores a wide range of topics including marketing, privacy, and the protection of personal information; employees and communication privacy; intellectual property issues; the ethical issues of e-business; Internet-related business ethics problems; and the ethical dimension of information technology on society.
- Uncovers previous ignored ethical issues.
- Underlines the need for public discussion of the issues.
- Argues that computers and information technology have not necessarily developed in the most ethical manner possible.