The Blackwell Cultural Economy Reader
Copyright © 2004 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Editor(s): Ash Amin, Nigel Thrift
Published Online: 25 FEB 2008
Print ISBN: 9780631234289
Online ISBN: 9780470774274
About this Book
This Reader brings together the exciting and innovative work that has appeared in the last 10 years in the growing field of cultural economy.
- Brings together exciting and innovative work from the last ten years in the emerging field of cultural economy.
- Contains a substantial introduction by the editors on the main strands and history of the cultural economy approach.
- Shows how the pursuit of prosperity always involves multiple and hybrid orderings that cannot be reduced to either the terms culture or economy.
- Shows that thinking about cultural economy is both a substantive task and a valuable contribution to knowledge.
- Material is organised around different links in the value chain.