Ophthalmic Nursing, Third Edition
Copyright © 2005 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Author(s): Rosalind Stollery, Mary E Shaw, Agnes Lee
Published Online: 11 FEB 2008
Print ISBN: 9781405111058
Online ISBN: 9780470774809
About this Book
About The Product
This third edition of Ophthalmic Nursing reflects recent advances in diagnosis and treatment and developments in the role of the ophthalmic nurse. It includes evidence-based procedures for care of ophthalmic patients on the ward, in outpatients, day care and casualty.
The third edition includes more on professional issues and specialist nursing roles, differentiates adult and paediatric issues, and places more emphasis on assessment skills, pain management, infection control, day surgery, psychological aspects and links to primary care.
Ophthalmic Nursing is an invaluable resource for all nurses involved in ophthalmic care and an essential text for courses in ophthalmic nursing.
- Addresses key ophthalmic conditions, trauma and surgery
- Focuses on understanding patient's needs and planning effective patient care
- Includes key skills and rationale for action
- Reflects current developments in professional practice
- Easy-to-read and highly illustrated
- Includes a coulour plate section