Re-Scripting Walt Whitman: An Introduction to His Life and Work
Copyright © 2005 Ed Folsom and Kenneth M. Price
Author(s): Ed Folsom, Kenneth M. Price
Published Online: 11 FEB 2008
Print ISBN: 9781405118064
Online ISBN: 9780470774939
About this Book
About The Product
This introductory guide to Walt Whitman weaves together the writer's life with an examination of his works.
· An innovative introductory guide to Walt Whitman.
· Weaves together the writer's life with an examination of his works.
· Focuses especially on Whitman's evolving masterpiece Leaves of Grass.
· Examines the material conditions and products of Whitman's "scripted life", including his original manuscripts.
· Investigates Whitman's "life in print" - his belief that he could literally embody himself in his books.
· Linked to a large electronic archive of Whitman's work at www.whitmanarchive.org