A History of Seventeenth-Century English Literature
Copyright © 2007 Thomas N. Corns
Author(s): Thomas N. Corns
Published Online: 21 APR 2008
Print ISBN: 9780631221692
Online ISBN: 9780470775790
About this Book
A History of Seventeenth-Century Literature outlines significant developments in the English literary tradition between the years 1603 and 1690.
- An energetic and provocative history of English literature from 1603-1690.
- Part of the major Blackwell History of English Literature series.
- Locates seventeenth-century English literature in its social and cultural contexts.
- Considers the physical conditions of literary production and consumption.
- Looks at the complex political, religious, cultural and social pressures on seventeenth-century writers.
- Features close critical engagement with major authors and texts
Thomas Corns is a major international authority on Milton, the Caroline Court, and the political literature of the English Civil War and the Interregnum.