Experimental Design and Statistics for Psychology: A First Course
Copyright © 2006 Fabio Sani and John Todman
Author(s): Fabio Sani, John Todman
Published Online: 21 APR 2008
Print ISBN: 9781405100236
Online ISBN: 9780470776124
About this Book
About The Product
Experimental Design and Statistics for Psychology: A First Course is a concise, straighforward and accessible introduction to the design of psychology experiments and the statistical tests used to make sense of their results.
- Makes abundant use of charts, diagrams and figures.
- Assumes no prior knowledge of statistics.
- Invaluable to all psychology students needing a firm grasp of the basics, but tackling of some of the topic's more complex, controversial issues will also fire the imagination of more ambitious students.
- Covers different aspects of experimental design, including dependent versus independent variables, levels of treatment, experimental control, random versus systematic errors, and within versus between subjects design.
- Provides detailed instructions on how to perform statistical tests with SPSS.
Downloadable instructor resources to supplement and support your lectures can be found at www.blackwellpublishing.com/sani and include sample chapters, test questions, SPSS data sets, and figures and tables from the book.