New Museum Theory and Practice: An Introduction
Copyright © 2006 Blackwell Publishing
Editor(s): Janet Marstine
Published Online: 25 FEB 2008
Print ISBN: 9781405105583
Online ISBN: 9780470776230
About this Book
About The Product
New Museum Theory and Practice is an original collection of essays with a unique focus: the contested politics and ideologies of museum exhibition.
- Contains 12 original essays that contribute to the field while creating a collective whole for course use.
- Discusses theory through vivid examples and historical overviews.
- Offers guidance on how to put theory into practice.
- Covers a range of museums around the world: from art to history, anthropology to music, as well as historic houses, cultural centres, virtual sites, and commercial displays that use the conventions of the museum.
- Authors come from the UK, Canada, the US, and Australia, and from a variety of fields that inform cultural studies.