Doing Social Psychology Research
Copyright © 2004 The British Psychological Society and Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Editor(s): Glynis M. Breakwell
Published Online: 25 FEB 2008
Print ISBN: 9781405108119
Online ISBN: 9780470776278
About this Book
About The Product
This practical text introduces students to all the principal data collection methods and data analyses used in social psychology.
- A student-friendly introduction to the data collection methods and data analyses used in social psychology.
- Describes the principal research methods and shows how they can be applied to particular research questions.
- Each chapter is written by a psychologist well known for using the method they describe.
- Methods presented include conducting surveys, constructing questionnaires, facilitating focus groups, running interviews, and using archival recordings.
- Topics used to illustrate these methods include identity processes, attribution, stereotyping, attitude change, social influence, communication, and group dynamics.
- Includes step-by-step exercises for students and notes for course leaders.