The Blackwell Guide to Hume's Treatise
Copyright © 2006 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Editor(s): Saul Traiger
Published Online: 25 FEB 2008
Print ISBN: 9781405115087
Online ISBN: 9780470776377
About this Book
This Guide provides students with the scholarly and interpretive tools they need to understand Hume's A Treatise of Human Nature and its influence on modern philosophy.
- A student guide to Hume's A Treatise of Human Nature.
- Focuses on recent developments in Hume scholarship.
- Covers topics such as the formulation, reception and scope of the Treatise, imagination and memory, the passions, moral sentiments, and the role of sympathy.
- All the chapters are newly written by Hume scholars.
- Each chapter guides the reader through a portion of the Treatise, explaining the central arguments and key contemporary interpretations of those arguments.