Polymer Nanotube Nanocomposites: Synthesis, Properties, and Applications
Copyright © 2010 Scrivener Publishing LLC. All rights reserved.
Editor(s): Vikas Mittal
Published Online: 20 JUL 2010
Print ISBN: 9780470625927
Online ISBN: 9780470905647
About this Book
Provides a one-stop source for information on synthesis, properties, and potential applications of nanotube reinforced polymer nanocomposites
Research on polymer nanotube composites is a relatively new field, and a lot of development is required to achieve a very large-scale commercial application. Although a number of developments have taken place in terms of the dispersion of nanotubes in the polymer matrices and corresponding improvements in the various physical properties of the composites, a meaningful text on the subject, which can assimilate these advancements in one place to provide an overall potential of the technology, is missing.
This edited volume brings together contributions from a variety of senior scientists in the field of polymer nanotube composites technology to shed light on the recent advances in these commercially important areas of polymer technology. The book provides the following features:
- A summary of recent advances in nanotube composite synthesis technology
- A basic introduction to polymer nanotube nanocomposite technology for readers who are new to the field
- Valuable insights for the use of technologies for polymer nanocomposites for commercial application
- Reviews of current polymer nanotube systems to underscore the high potential of nanotubes as fillers
- Pathways for large-scale commercial applications ofnanotube nanocomposites