A Companion to Shakespeare's Works, Volume 4: The Poems, Problem Comedies, Late Plays
Copyright © 2005 by Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Editor(s): Richard Dutton, Jean E. Howard
Published Online: 26 NOV 2007
Print ISBN: 9780631226352
Online ISBN: 9780470996560
About this Book
This four-volume Companion to Shakespeare's Works, compiled as a single entity, offers a uniquely comprehensive snapshot of current Shakespeare criticism.
- Brings together new essays from a mixture of younger and more established scholars from around the world - Australia, Canada, France, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
- Examines each of Shakespeare's plays and major poems, using all the resources of contemporary criticism, from performance studies to feminist, historicist, and textual analysis.
- Volumes are organized in relation to generic categories: namely the histories, the tragedies, the romantic comedies, and the late plays, problem plays and poems.
- Each volume contains individual essays on all texts in the relevant category, as well as more general essays looking at critical issues and approaches more widely relevant to the genre.
- Offers a provocative roadmap to Shakespeare studies at the dawning of the twenty-first century.
This companion to Shakespeare's poems, problem comedies and late plays contains original essays on Troilus and Cressida, Measure for Measure, All's Well That Ends Well, "Venus and Adonis", "The Rape of Lucrece", and "The Sonnets", as well as Pericles, The Winter's Tale, Cymbeline, The Tempest, and The Two Noble Kinsmen.