The Blackwell Guide to American Philosophy
Copyright © 2004 by Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Editor(s): Armen T. Marsoobian, John Ryder
Published Online: 26 NOV 2007
Print ISBN: 9780631216223
Online ISBN: 9780470996843
About this Book
About The Product
The Blackwell Guide to American Philosophy offers the most ambitious survey to date of American philosophical thought.
- Provides a comprehensive history of philosophical thought in America.
- Brings together 24 newly commissioned essays written by leading scholars in American philosophy.
- Covers all of the major eighteenth-, nineteenth- and twentieth-century philosophical movements in America including idealism, pragmatism and naturalism.
- Examines the major figures and themes in American philosophical thought.
- Includes useful bibliographies.