Reading the Novel in English 1950-2000
Copyright © 2006 by Brian W. Shaffer
Editor(s): Brian W. Shaffer
Published Online: 30 NOV 2007
Print ISBN: 9781405101134
Online ISBN: 9780470997062
About this Book
About The Product
- Written in clear, jargon-free prose, this introductory text charts the variety of novel writing in English in the second half of the twentieth century.
- An engaging introduction to the English-language novel from 1950-2000 (exclusive of the US).
- Provides students both with strategies for interpretation and with fresh readings of selected seminal texts.
- Maps out the most important contexts and concepts for understanding this fiction.
- Features readings of ten influential English-language novels including Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale, Kazuo Ishiguro's Remains of the Day and Chinua Achebe's Things Fall Apart.