The Blackwell Companion to the Sociology of Families
Copyright © 2004 by Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Editor(s): Jacqueline Scott, Judith Treas, Martin Richards
Published Online: 13 DEC 2007
Print ISBN: 9780631221586
Online ISBN: 9780470999004
About this Book
About The Product
Tackling issues relevant to family life today, thisauthoritative Companion shows why studying social change in families is fundamental for understanding the transformations in individual and social life, across the globe.
- Contains original essays by expert contributors on a wide range of topics relating to the sociology of families.
- Includes coverage of social inequality, parenting practices, children's work, the changing patterns of citizenship, and multi-cultural families.
- Gives special attention to European and North American examples.
- Discusses previously neglected groups, including immigrant families and gays and lesbians.
- Explores how revolutionary changes in aging, longevity, and sexual behavior have radically affected the experience of different generations, and the relationships between them.