Culture of Animal Cells
Copyright © 1999-2010 by John Wiley and Sons, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Online ISBN: 9780471747598
About this Book
Welcome to Culture of Animal Cells Online! Here, you can access the most complete resource on the techniques, equipment, principles, and practices of animal cell culture. Indispensable for clinical and biopharmaceutical researchers and scientists, students, trainees, and technicians, this landmark text presents the most accessible and comprehensive introduction available to the culture and experimental manipulation of animal cells
Since publication of the previous edition, numerous groundbreaking advances have occurred in stem cell research, cloning, tissue engineering, and in vitro toxicity testing. These and other developments have been incorporated into this fully revised and expanded Online Edition of Culture of Animal Cells. In addition, to answer the needs of the exponential increase in newcomers to cell culture, particularly in the biopharmaceutical industry, a chapter on training in cell culture technology has been introduced.
This trusted and comprehensive text offers a complete background in topics related to the growth of animal cells in culture. Beginning with laboratory design, safety, validation, and bioethics, Culture of Animal Cells continues on to provide information on the preparation of media, primary culture, and cell lines, as well as covering characterization and authentication, contamination, specialized techniques, and troubleshooting. The coverage includes:
- A section of training exercises, separated into basic, intermediate, and advanced procedures, cross-referenced to the relevant protocols.
- An expanded full-color atlas section, with images of primary culture, cell lines, subculture, differentiation, cancer cells and transformation, three-dimensional culture, contamination, and specialized equipment.
- Enhanced treatment of troubleshooting, with full cross-referencing to the relevant protocols and sections of text.
- The clearest, most consistent presentation of step-by-step protocols available.
- Numerous diagrams, photographs, tables, and charts.
- Detailed information on reagent preparation and sourcing of materials and equipment, including a list of suppliers and other resources with Web sites.