Introduction to MATLAB with Numerical Preliminaries
Copyright © 2005 John Wiley & Sons, Inc. All rights reserved.
Author(s): Alexander Stanoyevitch
Published Online: 1 MAR 2011 10:38AM EST
Print ISBN: 9780471697374
Online ISBN: 9781118033319
About this Book
About The Product
Harness the power of MATLAB to analyze complex problems with matrices
Introduction to MATLAB® with Numerical Preliminaries provides thorough training for using MATLAB software with an emphasis on scientific computing. Readers learn how to apply their knowledge to a variety of fields, including linear algebra, probability, finance, ecology, and discrete mathematics. The text carefully balances its coverage among four pedagogical components: analytic concepts, geometric concepts, programs and algorithms, and applications. Detailed problem sets build the reader's understanding and competence in each of these areas.
All the tools needed to master and exploit all the powerful features of MATLAB are provided:
- "Exercises for the Reader," used throughout the text, that test readers' understanding of key concepts, helping them to move on to more advanced topics and applications (complete solutions are given in an appendix)
- Illustrative examples, provided throughout the text, that demonstrate MATLAB's ability to analyze an assortment of datasets
- Extensive coverage of MATLAB's graphical capabilities, enabling readers to express solutions to problems using high-quality graphics
- Explanations that are rigorous, yet written in a very accessible, user-friendly style
- Extensive problem sets, provided at the end of each section, that enable readers to apply their knowledge
As one of the most popular mathematical software packages used in a wide range of fields including biology, physics, engineering, business, and finance, this is essential knowledge for anyone who may need to analyze data. Moreover, the author proves how easy MATLAB is to learn, including mastering its tremendous graphical capabilities. All that is needed is a basic understanding of single variable calculus. This is an excellent text for any course in MATLAB or scientific computing. Additionally, it serves as a supplementary text for any mathematics or science course that makes use of MATLAB.