Body Area Communications: Channel Modeling, Communication Systems, and EMC
Copyright © 2013 John Wiley & Sons Singapore Pte. Ltd.
Author(s): Jianqing Wang, Qiong Wang
Published Online: 20 NOV 2012 11:25PM EST
Print ISBN: 9781118188484
Online ISBN: 9781118188491
About this Book
Providing an introduction to the fundamentals of body area communications, this book covers the key topics of channel modeling, modulation and demodulation, and performance evaluation
A systematic introduction to body area networks (BAN), this book focuses on three major parts: channel modeling, modulation/demodulation communications performance, and electromagnetic compatibility considerations. The content is logically structured to lead readers from an introductory level through to in-depth and more advanced topics.
- Provides a concise introduction to this emerging topic based on classroom-tested materials
- Details the latest IEEE 802.15.6 standard activities
- Moves from very basic physics, to useful mathematic models, and then to practical considerations
- Covers not only EM physics and communications, but also biological applications
- Topics approached include: link budget, bit error rate performance, RAKE and diversity reception; SAR analysis for human safety evaluation; and modeling of electromagnetic interference to implanted cardiac pacemakers
- Provides Matlab and Fortran programs for download from the Companion Website