Environmental Alpha: Institutional Investors and Climate Change
Copyright © 2010 John Wiley & Sons, Inc. All rights reserved.
Author(s): Angelo A. Calvello
Published Online: 29 NOV 2011 09:53AM EST
Print ISBN: 9780470290620
Online ISBN: 9781118266748
About this Book
The definitive guide to how institutional investors should approach the risks and opportunities associated with climate change
Environmental Alpha provides institutional investors with the comprehensive framework they need to assess the risks and investment opportunities tied to climate change.
Climate change will present institutional investors with some of the most important risks and opportunities they will face for generations to come. Climate change has the potential to affect many sectors in radically different degrees over time, and institutional investors need to have a thorough understanding of the multi-dimensional risks and opportunities that could influence nearly every investment in their portfolios. This volume is composed of contributions by leading experts in environmental investment, moving beyond the theoretical or academic nature of much of the current discussion on the topic to provide you with real-world insights into an emerging market.
- Examines the climate change-related drivers of returns (science, economics, policy, and technology) that make environmental alpha possible
- Explores fiduciary duty and climate change
- Contains in-depth explanations of each of the major categories of environmental investing and examines related environmental alpha opportunities
- Discusses practical implementation issues
- Presents real-world case studies and examples
Climate change will be one of the most important investment themes of the next twenty years; the related environmental investment opportunities will provide institutional investors with some of the greatest "alpha" opportunities for years to come. This book will put you in a better position to assess and access these opportunities.