Blended Learning in Higher Education: Framework, Principles, and Guidelines
Copyright © 2008 John Wiley & Sons, Inc. All rights reserved.
Author(s): D. Randy Garrison, Norman D. Vaughan
Published Online: 5 JAN 2012 10:31AM EST
Print ISBN: 9780787987701
Online ISBN: 9781118269558
About this Book
This groundbreaking book offers a down-to-earth resource for the practical application of blended learning in higher education as well as a comprehensive examination of the topic. Well-grounded in research, Blended Learning in Higher Education clearly demonstrates how the blended learning approach embraces the traditional values of face-to-face teaching and integrates the best practices of online learning. This approach has proven to both enhance and expand the effectiveness and efficiency of teaching and learning in higher education across disciplines.
In this much-needed book, authors D. Randy Garrison and Norman D. Vaughan present the foundational research, theoretical framework, scenarios, principles, and practical guidelines for the redesign and transformation of the higher education curriculum.
Blended Learning in Higher Education
- Outlines seven blended learning redesign principles
- Explains the professional development issues essential to the implementation of blended learning designs
- Presents six illustrative scenarios of blended learning design
- Contains practical guidelines to blended learning redesign
- Describes techniques and tools for engaging students