Harnessing Green It: Principles and Practices
Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
Editor(s): San Murugesan, G. R. Gangadharan
Published Online: 4 SEP 2012 08:43PM EST
Print ISBN: 9781119970057
Online ISBN: 9781118305393
About this Book
"Ultimately, this is a remarkable book, a practical testimonial, and a comprehensive bibliography rolled into one. It is a single, bright sword cut across the various murky green IT topics. And if my mistakes and lessons learned through the green IT journey are any indication, this book will be used every day by folks interested in greening IT."
- Simon Y. Liu, Ph.D. & Ed.D., Editor-in-Chief, IT Professional Magazine, IEEE Computer Society, Director, U.S. National Agricultural Library
This book presents a holistic perspective on Green IT by discussing its various facets and showing how to strategically embrace it
Harnessing Green IT: Principles and Practices examines various ways of making computing and information systems greener - environmentally sustainable -, as well as several means of using Information Technology (IT) as a tool and an enabler to improve the environmental sustainability. The book focuses on both greening of IT and greening by IT - complimentary approaches to attaining environmental sustainability. In a single volume, it comprehensively covers several key aspects of Green IT - green technologies, design, standards, maturity models, strategies and adoption -, and presents a clear approach to greening IT encompassing green use, green disposal, green design, and green manufacturing. It also illustrates how to strategically apply green IT in practice in several areas.
- Presents a comprehensive coverage of key topics of importance and practical relevance - green technologies, design, standards, maturity models, strategies and adoption
- Highlights several useful approaches to embracing green IT in several areas
- Features chapters written by accomplished experts from industry and academia who have first-hand knowledge and expertise in specific areas of green IT
- Presents a set of review and discussion questions for each chapter that will help the readers to examine and explore the green IT domain further
- Includes a companion website providing resources for further information and presentation slides
This book will be an invaluable resource for IT Professionals, academics, students, researchers, project leaders/managers, IT business executives, CIOs, CTOs and anyone interested in Green IT and harnessing it to enhance our environment.