A Companion to Spanish Cinema
Copyright © 2013 Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
Editor(s): Jo Labanyi, Tatjana Pavlović
Published Online: 12 DEC 2012
Print ISBN: 9781405194389
Online ISBN: 9781118322765
About this Book
About The Product
A Companion to Spanish Cinema is a bold collection of newly commissioned essays written by top international scholars that thoroughly interrogates Spanish cinema from a variety of thematic, theoretical and historic perspectives.
- Presents an insightful and provocative collection of newly commissioned essays and original research by top international scholars from a variety of theoretical, disciplinary and geographical perspectives
- Offers a systematic historical, thematic, and theoretical approach to Spanish cinema, unique in the field
- Combines a thorough and insightful study of a wide spectrum of topics and issues with in-depth textual analysis of specific films
- Explores Spanish cinema's cultural, artistic, industrial, theoretical and commercial contexts pre- and post-1975 and the notion of a "national" cinema
- Canonical directors and stars are examined alongside understudied directors, screenwriters, editors, and secondary actors
- Presents original research on image and sound; genre; non-fiction film; institutions, audiences and industry; and relations to other media, as well as a theoretically-driven section designed to stimulate innovative research