Drug Delivery Applications of Noninvasive Imaging: Validation from Biodistribution to Sites of Action
Copyright © 2014 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Editor(s): Chun Li, Mei Tian
Published Online: 20 SEP 2013 09:00PM EST
Print ISBN: 9780470633472
Online ISBN: 9781118356845
About this Book
Cost-effective strategies for designing novel drug delivery systems that target a broad range of disease conditions
In vivo imaging has become an important tool for the development of new drug delivery systems, shedding new light on the pharmacokinetics, biodistribution, bioavailability, local concentration, and clearance of drug substances for the treatment of human disease, most notably cancer. Written by a team of international experts, this book examines the use of quantitative imaging techniques in designing and evaluating novel drug delivery systems and applications.
Drug Delivery Applications of Noninvasive Imaging offers a full arsenal of tested and proven methods, practices and guidance, enabling readers to overcome the many challenges in creating successful new drug delivery systems. The book begins with an introduction to molecular imaging. Next, it covers:
- In vivo imaging techniques and quantitative analysis
- Imaging drugs and drug carriers at the site of action, including low-molecular weight radiopharmaceuticals, peptides and proteins, siRNA, cells, and nanoparticles
- Applications of imaging techniques in administration routes other than intravenous injection, such as pulmonary and oral delivery
- Translational research leading to clinical applications
- Imaging drug delivery in large animal models
- Clinical applications of imaging techniques to guide drug development and drug delivery
Chapters are based on a thorough review of the current literature as well as the authors' firsthand experience working with imaging techniques for the development of novel drug delivery systems.
Presenting state-of-the-technology applications of imaging in preclinical and clinical evaluation of drug delivery systems, Drug Delivery Applications of Noninvasive Imaging offers cost-effective strategies to pharmaceutical researchers and students for developing drug delivery systems that accurately target a broad range of disease conditions.